Sunday, June 8, 2008

How to name it ?

Its a beautiful Sunday evening. Its been pretty cool in chennai today. I'm confused whether to study for my GRE, or go to sleep :). With the AC on and ARR's 'Jaane Tu..' and 'Ada' songs in background, its certainly is difficult to choose option 1 and option 2. so started blogging.
being indolent, and obsessed with cursing the boredom, i get stuck in my room.
Tracing back my steps,
10 Years ago : Can be called as the 'Bestest days of my life'. School has always been memorable for all of us(or atleast many of us). Sunday early morning beach-bet-match cricket with the other class, getting wounded on the knee and the elbow, The beach side Lime juice(=brackkish sea water) for 1Re. , watching Junoon and Rangoli on Doordarshan, it all looks like a great amount of fun now. i'm sure that i wont get back those days. Priceless. I looked like a polio attacked child that time. so thin and lean, as if i would break down into bones if someone hits me hard. was christened as 'Jonty Rhodes' for my exceptional fieding. that was my first degree !! Moved to a new house in adyar for my XI and XII. made a lot of great friends over there. mimicked the teachers during the free hours, biting the nails before the PT classes to avoid getting beatings from the PT master for not keeping the hands clean, the 30-cm long wooden scale, taking 5 pens, 5 pencils, 3 rubbers, 2 ink pens, geometry box(on a whole, a stationary shop itself) for the exam, was all unforgettable.
5 years ago: came the 'best days of life'. College. started to live alone. 'politics' was the new find in the college. working so hard to make one of my best friend as the college chairman, picking up quarrels with one of the impertinent staffs(Ramakrishnan) of my dept became a routine, advising the juniors as if i'm a 'Management Guru', convincing and wheedling students to attend department function,i became pretty familiar figure within my dept. with some positives, there was an equal share of -ves too in the college. laziness started to take over me. slept for hrs and hrs together. the interest with which i had a look at things when i was in school, started to fade away. The words 'Lets try it out something new' became oblivious. became fat, and eventually, as one of my friends described, i left the college as 'Yokozuna'.
Present: Worst days in my life. playing cricket has become a distant dream. The 'Jonty Rhodes' in me is no more. Probably there is a "Romesh Powar" in me right now. i meant the physique. all of my friends(school & coll) are scattered in various IT companies, some left for US. some others faces are getting blurred in my mind. i reckon that even my face is getting blurred in some of my friend's mind too.. lost touch with almost 50% of the folks. became stil more slothful, started to watch the sucking regional television channels, reaching the record number 36"(meant my hip size). With over 100 channels telecasting 100 different programs, there is a lot of option to choose. but stil that 'Rangoli' on Doordarshan was heaven.

The weekend is over. But it made no difference for me. got to start early in the morning tomo for just another day
Gonna go now and catch some sleep now.
Good night all.

3 comments:

Vignesh said...

Dey u made me nostalgic... the other day i was goin through a post on "Jungle book" was reminded on how life was simple but beautiful those days!!! get up on sunday morning, watch mowgli , get back 2 street cricket. Life was heaven those days, now we have a number of choices but still we miss the simple beauty of the jungle book.

Or els r we gettin too old and already started speaking about the past just like our fathers did?? :)) im confused. Great post man

PS: Romesh powar ellam too much da!!!:))

Anonymous said...

Nalla irukku da... Is it me who called you YOKO?!

Sridhar V said...

@Umesh : Neeye thaanda :) How can I forget the testi u wrote.