Friday, May 16, 2008

Today was just another day !!!

Its now 3.00 pm and I'm rite now sitting in my cubicle in the office, blogging and waiting for my 4th cup of Tea for the day(Still 2 more to go before i leave). Have been absolutely jobless(in Software jargon 'Bench') for more than 4 months and hoping every minute that soon I will get some work and awaiting the weekend like a kid waiting for its summer hols.

I absolutely have no idea why I'm coming to office(but still come for the sake of the attendance that is been kept track). Still worse is, my office is around 60 kms from my residence. Since Chennai is yet to get the Bullet trains, it takes an hour and a half to reach the office in the electric train(You can calculate the speed). And the only entertainment in the train is iPod(Thanks, Apple :) )

I've met a lot of ppl who have gained a lot of experience in Bench. I hope in years to come, s/w industry will be looking for people who might have a lot of experience in that. Its a proof that you have a lot of patience. Sometimes I even had thot of quitting the job and doing something else. But the organization is ready to pay for the time I'm investing in playing TT, watching movie, chatting in the cafeteria. So why shd I lose that too !! :)

Life has become so predictable for me. Every day I'm certain of the things i'm gonna do and people I'm gonna meet. Keep checking mails, changing the desktop background(recently i've one T Rajendar* pic as my desktop background), add album art to my new albums in iTunes, browse thru the iTunes store, play a couple of games of TT with my peer bench-mates, check whether XP is working fine by overloading it and shout at it when it gets slowed down, showing off what song I'm hearing to thru gTalk to my friends online.. Its all the same thing...

And yup, its now time for TT, and my peer bench-mates are getting geared up for the game already..

Hoping for things to change pretty soon !!!!!!!!!!! :( (Except the TT) :) :)

* - For ppl who dont know who/what T Rajendar is, please google it and find out. Its worth the search. It would be better if u cud do a image search and find out.

2 comments:

Vignesh said...

Now i seriously envy u da...:P... bench is in a way fun but prolonged bench is a curse...i get it from your words!!

My time wid bench starts on 28th... hope its fun:)... hope it helps me with the CAT..

Sridhar V said...

Dont worry dude. Bench will b Heaven to start of with, but you ll also start getting annoyed after quite sometime.

I wrote this blog after 3 months of experience in Bench.

Hope to see ur post on the same topic soon !! :) :)