Wednesday, June 18, 2008

'Spec'-tacular day

This Monday started off quite differently and I ve been waiting for it to come. want to know the reason? got a new pair of specs.

its not because tat i wanted to show off on Monday. its because it had cost me 4.5K :( and i wanted to check whether it was worth tat much and if ppl could recognize tat and tell me 'Hey. the specs looks great','Dude!! Got a new specs eh?'.

Started early. Everything looked perfect, clear under the brand new lenses. tried to look at the distant objects and read the registration numbers of the vehicles tat passed by. Everything was crystal clear. This glass fitted much better than the previous one.

Reached the office and was desperately waiting for someone to ask me about it .. None even gave a thot bout it.
Had breakfast with one of my colleague. he started off saying "Hey... ". And the next moment i was on my feet, asking him "ya. tell me dude".

"Did u watch Euro 2008? . Interesting match. 2 goals in the last 5 mins by Turkey"

"Ooooooh.. No, man. went to get my eyes checked up in the evening for a new specs, so couldnt watch it", tried to again notify him about the specs.

"So wat man!! the match was in the nite only"

I knew 2 things for sure
a) He is not going to leave me until I tell him tat I dont have a set-top box
b) He is not going to tell anything about the new specs too

I answered him with option a) and left to my place.

came to my place, then got a call from my home.
"Hello!! " it was my sis at the other end.
"Yup!! tell me"

"Hey I think you took my specs by mistake. Just check it", she said.

I was taken aback completely and then found that she was correct. Both of our specs were similar, and drowsy start from home at 6 30 am, led it to this confusion.

The moment I kept the phone down, one of my other colleague came and "New frameless glass!! How much !! ? "
"Brought my specs wrongly. this is my sister's"
he burst out into a guffaw. i got irritated, but i cant do anything. so there was a chuckle from my side. with strict instructions from my sister not to wear the specs, questions like "Are u wearing Contact lenses?" started to come in from other colleagues.

the rest of the day had been the exact opposite of how it all started.
blurred images, hazy registration number on the vehicles, ghostly appearance of people was all i could see. was circumspect on each n every step, hoping that i wouldnt stamp on the stray dog lying on the roadside, or much worse, stamp on ***t. with me eyes watching so carefully,my eyebrows almost kissed each other.

In fact, my eye-sight is not that poor, but i felt i wasn't complete without my specs.
I thought i could find out the answer today. While starting to office today, made sure tat I've my specs and wore it.

Its been 6 hrs since i came to the office and as usual, no one cared about it :( and I found out the answer ...

U ?

1 comment:

Vignesh said...

ellathukkum porama da... intha pullakulla ivlo alaga nu.!!!

Seri send me a photo across, 4,5 looks too costly 4 me. Hope its not for u big guns!!

And i have tagged you!